Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: [FT] Campaign guidelines Re: [FT] Campaign Poll

DSII Rules Questions

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:18:13 -0500 (EST)
Subject: DSII Rules Questions

Hi All,

Since I've been corrected so much recently (for which I think those who
have done so!), I've started re-reading the rules.  I have found two
things that puzzle me and am hoping that someone has either addressed
them
in the past, or will at least keep them in mind if/when DSIII comes
along.

Page 36: Infantry Anti-Vehcile Rockets (IAVRs):

... Damage validity is as shown on the Weapons Damage Table, ie: if the
target has REACTIVE ARMOUR, validity is RED only; if it has (active)
APFCs, YELLOW chits only; if the target has neither (just normal
armour),
RED and YELLOW chits are valid.

So, what happens if a vehicle has reactive armor AND active APFCs?  My
guess would be that since RED and YELLOW is reduced by one validity set,
depending on which system the target has, if it has both, then both are
rendered invalid.

Page 37: Types of Artillery Batteries:

RAM (Rocket Assisted Munition) MORTARS: ... May be mounted on vehicles,
towed, or even man-packed.  RAM Mortars are classed as Light Artillery.

Ok... so why isn't there an option for RAM infantry teams?  I like
mortar
infantry.  :)

?

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign Poll Next: [FT] Campaign guidelines Re: [FT] Campaign Poll