Prev: RE:POLIZEI Next: Re: Battle Robots

Re: Raising young Gamers Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1822

From: Andrae Muys <andrae.muys@b...>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:59:40 +1000
Subject: Re: Raising young Gamers Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1822

Christopher Downes-Ward wrote:

> I haven't done much figure gaming with my daughters but we have done
quite a bit a board gaming, but I do have a stock of figures that the
girls (6 and 8) are allowed to play with. However we regularly play
"Awful green things from Outer space" and have graduated to "Fighting
Sail". Briony (8) does not show much interest in SF gaming (other than
"AGTFOS")but is showing interest in doing WW1 having bought an built a
Mk IV (with some help from dad) and some british infantry so all I need
is some simple WW1 rules (Comptemtible Little Armies? or Stargrunt
lite?)

I don't know how simple they are, but the War Times Journal
(www.wtj.com) offers a free set of regimental WWI rules (1916).  I
haven't played them, but their Napoleonic ruleset is pretty good.

Andrae

Prev: RE:POLIZEI Next: Re: Battle Robots