Prev: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II Next: [DS] 6mm Trees

Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:10:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

*SNIP a lot of logical stuff*

> There needs to be a size increase or a limit on the
> range more in
> keeping with problems involved in the less than
> dedicated nature
> here. Additional rules for limited arcs of
> engagement or single
> target effectiveness for the non-dedicated ZADFC
> equipped heavy
> weapons might mitigate the higher capability of the
> general system
> over a dedicated ZAD vehicle.

Good point.  The idea is not to make a non-dedicated
system, it's to separate the ZADFC from it's weapons
to allow for different types of weapons to be used as
ZAD.

But your point about elevation remains valid.  So
here's what I've come up with on the spur of the
moment Ex Posteriori (Out of my A....):

First I'm basing all of these figures on the
assumption that a classic ZADS as described in the
rules is actually a RFAC 2 mated to an ADFC.  So I
first thought, "OK, multiply the weapon capacity times
a modifier based on ZADS/RFAC2 Mount."	This came up
with hellacious numbers and math, as well as a
Superior ZADFC/Class 5 weapon combo taking up 50
capacity points.

So then I thought, "OK, so the RFAC is on a special
mount with more elevation."

Thus I came up with this:

Construction:
When constructing a ZAD vehicle, you must equip it
with a main direct fire weapon which will be mated to
the ZADFC.  This weapon requires a special
full-traverse turret with increased elevation ability,
so the main weapon takes up capacity equal to 4x it's
class as well as one weapon spot.  In addition, the
ZADFC itself takes up capacity, but no weapon slot.
Basic = Capacity 2, Enhanced = Capacity 7, Superior =
Capacity 12.

Costing WILL be a multiple.  Take the cost of each
current ZADS, divide by the cost of a RFAC 2 prior to
modification for mount/FireCon, and these are the new
cost multipliers for ZADFC's.

This will mean that the system is comparitively bigger
and more expensive, although the point at which it
will SEEM "Broken" is when you construct with an
actual RFAC2.

However, this brings up a construction question for
multi-mounts -- do the extra mounts take up 2 capacity
as per normal rules, or 3, or maybe it'll be
4/3/2/2/2........

So the three choices are:
4/3/3....

Input?

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [DS] ZADS to ZADFC HR's Part II Next: [DS] 6mm Trees