Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: [DS] House Rules: ZADS

RE: [DSII] Armored Cav Question

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:05:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [DSII] Armored Cav Question

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> G'day,
>
> > In a scenario game, I'm not surprised.  I'm trying
> > actually think about campaign situations and
> > believable flavor, My main force tanks are
> tracked,
> > but if you have to actually scout out ahead,
> hiding in
> > the forest isn't doing your job.....
>
> Depends on where what you're looking for is hiding
> ;)

No, it doesn't.  Hiding isn't seeking, that's the
point of scouts.

> > Well, the home country on Earth is heavily
> forested.
>
> Then foot looks like a good option (based on DS
> terrain penalties which have woods as impassable to
> all but foot, walkers and tracked (though tracked
> are stopped by dense woods).

For some recon, yes, that will be a useful option.
FOr operations involving scouting ahead of mechanized
forces, maybe not so much.

 As its our universe you
> could say GRAV can scout over the top if you like
> (using fancy whiz bang gear to look thru the trees
> to see what's underneath. If you're going straight
> DS though maybe tracked is what you're after.

I'm actually limiting the ability of Grav in my
universe, just to prevent it from becoming too
all-powerful.	My main PSB justifaction is that it's
actually a form of MagLev, not tru anti-grav.  True
anti-grav becomes too powerful if you reall start
thinking about the implications, so it's easier to
justify putting limitations on in by making it
something slightly less Whiz-Bang.

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: [DS] House Rules: ZADS