Prev: (SG) Japanese Corporate Forces – special operations? Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

(SG) SaVasku bioconstructs

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 14:07:19 +0100 (CET)
Subject: (SG) SaVasku bioconstructs

At a recent talk about Stargrunt, we’ve counted some of the forces,
and came up, that SaVasku don’t really have troops. In Dirtside
(according to the catalogue) they have kind of a floating bio-tank, and
bugs not unlike the movie Starship Troopers.

In the Stargrunt range there are some „bugs” as well, even with
ranged weapons. I think they are quite big compared to the normal
sized human soldiers.

They would be fast on most open terrain and could probably carry
enough armour to feel relatively safe from small-arms fire. They seem
big enough to carry weapons with a respectable firepower.

On the other hand – they are big enough to be easily hit with anti-
armour weaponry, unless ECM glands are at large. And they would
have quite some problems to go after humans to tighter spaces. That
would justify smaller units, and we’ve toyed with some ideas what they
could be:

One of the favourites were the „alien” type things that would pass for

close assault units, very mobile, very deadly in CC, with good armour
penetration.

One other was the „Blob” type units, hard to injure with small-arms,
but not really liking area effect weapons like flamers. You can’t
really
fight in CC with this type of enemy (-„I kick that darned things” –
„OK it
feels like stuck in honey – there goues your leg...”) and unless you
are
wearing a closed suit, you are unlikely to be protected by normal
armour.

One idea was from a novell (I don’t have the title in English but will
check it out...), a big, tiger sized catlike thing with tubelike things
in
place of it’s mouth and was able to turn the hardest of metal to fine
powder. Was quite intelligent too, and remembered some kind of
masters who left the planet long ago. Not very fit for a bioconstruct
but
included here.

The conclusion was human sized units with long range weaponry as
well, mostly kind of DEW types and some organic grenade/rocket like
things.
Weapons based on very small organisms – even parasites were not
disclosed, but would be hard to come up with reasonable rules for
them at that scale.

Any comments..?

			  Greetings,

					       Akos Büky

Prev: (SG) Japanese Corporate Forces – special operations? Next: Re: [SG2] weapons