Prev: Re: Headgear Next: Re: Headgear

Re: [OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:51:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Furthering the rant Re: Headgear

At 10:16 AM -0600 11/27/03, Doug Evans wrote:
[snip]
>general), when that morning I'd heard that, of the three headlines for
the
>opening of the news summary, Michael Jackson (ps) was the second,
following
>the deaths in Istanbul.

Our talking head was actually making fun of the
whole thing. Miles Obrien was saying that there
was a white bronco to pick up Jackson at the
Airport.

>I was too pi**ed at my news icon to even hear the third headline...
>
>Vis a' vis, the US press: I've noticed that the small bits I hear from
them
>sound like envy that the Brit's SEEM to be do so well with their own
areas,
>no matter what Karl's come up with in casualty figures. I assumed that
>experience can be a very good teacher, and they've had plenty in the
area,
>much of it in error.

British forces have had a long time
administrating an Empire with dissident forces
that didn't really want them there. All that time
they had to keep an uneasy peace to keep things
calm and they've been at it for centuries with
out really pissing off the locals. They left the
colonies in much better states than when they
claimed them and they still keep good relations
with most of them with in the Commonwealth.

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/ is an eye
opener for someone interested in Military history.

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.
       But I do work there and still like the company.
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: Re: Headgear Next: Re: Headgear