Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:31:37 -0000
Subject: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

Ryan Gill wrote,

>The Tribalism of British units really seems to help their
>esprit-de-corps quite a bit.

For the British army success is measured not just in defeating the enemy
but
out performing other British units.

One of the most extreme examples of this is the up-hill attacks,
outnumbered, against dug in enemy strong points, in the dark made by the
various british army and marine infantry units on the heights protecting
port stanley in the falklands war.

God help Blighty in the event of another civil war...

I would like to think if the British army did influence ex-US forces in
the
NAC in any way it would be to instill the individualism of the
regimental
system, or put it this way, as one of John's NG might say, "Not only do
we
gotta be better than any other american unit, we gotta be better than
any
kanuck or limey unit!"

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault