Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

POLIZEI

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:30:33 -0600 (CST)
Subject: POLIZEI

KARL,  what exactly is meant by the WWII WEHRMACHT terms ORDER POLICE,
SECURITY POLICE, AUXILIARY POLICE, and MILITARY POLICE??????

 from my reading WEHRMACHT MPs were all NCOs and officers and all
completed a very intensive 2 year school (that no doubt got shorter as
the need arose for MPs) and were MP in the American sense of the  term.

i know that  some regular policemen, who had been formed into pre-war
police battalions were actually what we would call para-military forces
now days.

i know that there were special SD (?) or SS police battalons operating
on the Eastern Front and elswhere, who were  feared and despised by
WEHRMACHT soldiers as well as by the partisans.

i have been reading up on the Easter Front and have come across many
police vs partisan  actions.

these run the gamut from static guard post , temperary checkpoint,
strongpoint, vehicle patrols, horseback patrols, foot patrols , and
armored trains vs partisans    .

but who were all of these other guys running about with the title of
policeman?

as i remember from talking with old landsers, the "polite" term for WEHR
MACHT MPs were "kettenhunde" or  "jaegerkopf".

also,  came across the modern German police titles;

a. ABSCHNITTS BEVOLLMACHTIGTER
(FREEWAY OR MOTORCYCLE POLICE? )

b.  SCHUTZ  POLIZEI (BORDER POLICE  OR SWAT POLICE?)

are the abov guys FEDERAL POLICE, state police, or ????

DAWGIE

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault