Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: Orbital assault

Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:18:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

At 9:56 AM -0500 11/25/03, Imre A. Szabo wrote:

>Why land at the polar ice cap or similar remote place?  If the troops
are in
>dropships, you can enter the low atmosphere (within 10,000 feet of the
>surface) of the planet wherever you want, and then fly towards the
targets
>you want to take out and land a reasonable safe distance away.  This
can be
>rather close if you use a NOE flight profile for the last part.
Obviously,
>drop pods can't do this.  But if the troops in the dropships eliminate
the
>defenses that can take out  then drop pods, then drop pods can be used
>reinforce.

Hmm, THAAD near those holes in the network. Good way to loose those
landers on the way in. How much fuel do they have for a long flight
and return to orbit?
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault was RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons Next: Orbital assault