Prev: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Preregistration - Dec 1st. Next: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

Re: [FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully)

From: "david smith" <bifsmith207@h...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:04:57 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully)

>From: Andrew Ayres <ftshipcreator@bigpond.com>
>Greetings one and all!
>
>I am attempting to restart my FTSC project.  My 2 years of freakin
Software
>Engineering design projects are finally at an end, meaning I might at
last
>have time for my personal projects.

And from all of us luddites, I say good for you. Just that the job
situation
comes next to take away the free time <G>.

>I have a few things to fight through which could seriously delay any
>attempts,
>but I figured I'd just let people know what I intend to do on the
project,
>and to see if interest still exists.

Interest? I would come and kiss your feet if the program comes out
quicker
<G>. Anything that saves me the effort of having to use adobe to make my
own
record sheets is more than ok with me.

>Currently the features will be:
>1) Developed in Java so cross platform support (i.e. run on OS X, Win +

>Linux)
>2) Support for FB1 + 2 + your own designs
>3) A more useable and rapid interface - already designed, just needs to
be
>coded (is in the prototype)
>4) A more stable and reliable backend, thanks to Java libraries mostly
done
>already (just waiting on my finishing of the design) :-p
>5) A gui based tool for developing your own "plugins" to add custom
systems
>and such like

Adding alein tech and custom tech sounds like a very good idea to me.
Although having the ability to have ships that are large (some of mine
are
upto 850 mass) would also be nice.

>But as with most SE projects - expect this to go other time, and to
exceed
>the
>budget of coffee and junk food.

So many things to do, so little time.

>I have my last exam on Monday, and then it should be all systems go -
once
>sober up.
>
>Cheers,
>Andrew Ayres

Good luck, best speed, and hope all your results are what you want.

BIF

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Prev: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Preregistration - Dec 1st. Next: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons