Prev: Re: [FT] Tenders? RE: Fleet Replenishment tenders Next: RE: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with

RE: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:59:12 -0700
Subject: RE: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with

Sculpey can chip - I have a couple of FT carrier hulls made from it and
someone dropped one and a 1/8" chip came off.  I suspect it was because
I didn't mix the scuply well enough into ball and it probably had an air
pocket or something inside.  Other than that they have lasted about 10
years or so.

If you're really worried about durability, try blue-yellow (green) two
part expoxy putty.  Much more expensive (about $9 for about 4 oz. vs. $9
for 1 pound) but it's tough stuff and you could theoretically use your
models as casting masters.

--Binhan