Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: Fleet Replenishment tenders

RE: [minis] alien figs and opinions on them

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:12:34 +0000
Subject: RE: [minis] alien figs and opinions on them

>From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>
>To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: RE: [minis] alien figs and opinions on them
>Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:46:41 +1100
>
>G'day,
>
> > For me, it's Vendel -- http://www.vendelminiatures.co.uk/ --
> > love those Goblins of theirs.  But I'm telling myself to be more
>reasonable this
> > year....
>
>Derek is gonna love you for pointing me toward even more dwarves ;)
>
> > I've got me a bunch of the Kryomek figures...
> > The Kryomeks themselves are nicely sculpted, and 28mmish in
> > scale. Most of the figures are much bigger than human beings, and
even
>the
> > smalled minis -- the "Hellions" -- are about 6 feet long in scale.
The
> > biggest ones are *real* big, maybe 40mm to 50mm tall?
>
>Do you reckon the Heloins would look best vs GZG humans? I was aiming
>get them first at any rate.

They'd work pretty well, I think.  They're big and bulky in comparison
true 25mm figures, but that would be all to the best when it comes to
looking imposing.  Being little more than ambulatory mouths, they'll
need
all the help that they can get....

> > The resin vehicles are cool, and have lots of nice
> > texture for the drybrushing fans out there.
>
>What do the vehicles actually look like?

There are four different types: APC, Tank, mobile artillery piece, and
Missile Tank.  And two different styles of each one: Grav, and Tracked.

I've got the tracked stuff, but the differences are minor at best.
They're
all about 5 inches long, and have a reasonably nice organic look to them
--
very rough "skin", with visible intestine-like organs here and there,
insectoid eyes, and sphincterish looking doors.

They come with the top and bottom halves separate, and usually take a
bit of
puttying to make the joint smooth.  The missile tank and the APC have
separate turrets, and the guns themselves are metal and have to be glued
on.

There's a nice picutre of the Grav Tank at:
http://www.kryomek.com/kryomek/imagesLarge/KKV_1.GIF

> > Um.  What other kind of stuff do you want to know?	Like I
> > say, I have a small ton of 'em in a box somewhere.
>
>I take it the Kryomek infantry (for want of a better term) come up
pretty
>nice without too much effort? The picks of seen make them look like
they
>would be a breeze to paint.

They're *very* easy to paint.  No uniforms, so you can go with solid
colors
for the bodies without having to deal with belts or skin tones or such.

Generally no eyes either, if you're the sort that likes to paint
them....
Very friendly to the basecoat/inkwash/drybrush school of painting, which

makes 'em pretty quick to paint in bulk.

John Crimmins

Set yourself up for fun at home!  Get tips on home entertainment
equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: RE: Fleet Replenishment tenders