Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons

RE: [SG2] weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:50:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [SG2] weapons

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> This may be a naive question but will it cost as
> much to keep the "15 Brigades of People's Militia"
> with their low tech "live off the land" stuff as the
> high tech "2-3 brigades of Regulars"? Also what are

Maybe not.  The Regulars might be even more expensive.

> the resupply issues like? For instance, as far as I
> can tell from the Aussie defence papers I've read
> we're leaning toward buying German not US tanks
> because the US ones don't have enough reach in the
> petrol tank. Most of this stuff is beyond my area of
> knowledge, but won't economics come as much into
> play in the future as it does now? Ok the NAC with

Well, it depends.  HMT engines will need high-grade
fuel.  Don't know about their fuel efficiency, though.
 FGP probably runs off of distilled water.  And CFE
runs the gamut--most likely multi-fuel engines that
can burn anything from ethanol to jet fuel.  Yes, a
high-tech army does require a logistics tail.  That's
the price you have to pay to win fights.

John

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons