Prev: [FT] Purty Pictures Next: Re: [FT] Purty Pictures and {FMA] One skeleton too far

Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:14:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

At 1:00 AM -0800 11/22/03, Scott Siebold wrote:
>  >I dislike making the player just along for the ride
>>and to roll the dice.  Morale is all well and good in
>>ground combat where it can be demonstrated
>>historically that it had a real effect.  I just don't
>>see any modern warships refusing orders.
>Battle off Samar October 25,1944
>Batle of Leyte Gulf
>Surface action with fair visibility - all ships
[snip]

>This is an extreme example of a battle where morale
>was more important then ship statistics. Actually
>most "wet navy" battles were and will be impacted
>by morale in a major way.

This is more of an example where the Commander
makes the wrong choice based on bad intel. This
should be part of a set of rules where you have
generic models for the stand or some other rules
that allow one vessel to appear to be something
else, either based on distance, ECM and bad IDs
of the vessels.

Could be interesting to have a Ship contact at
range and have a GM check a die result that you
make based on some die results that the target
makes, and have you put down an SDN figure
instead of a CA figure in place of a Bogey marker.

We really need ECM/Sensor rules for FT.
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me.
       But I do work there and still like the company.
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)

Prev: [FT] Purty Pictures Next: Re: [FT] Purty Pictures and {FMA] One skeleton too far