Prev: REALITY CHECK, OVER! Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

[FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully)

From: Andrew Ayres <ftshipcreator@b...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 00:19:50 +1100
Subject: [FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully)

Greetings one and all!

I am attempting to restart my FTSC project.  My 2 years of freakin
Software
Engineering design projects are finally at an end, meaning I might at
last
have time for my personal projects.

I have a few things to fight through which could seriously delay any
attempts,
but I figured I'd just let people know what I intend to do on the
project,
and to see if interest still exists.

So my intentions are:
1) Find the passwords to my website and revamp it - might not happen (I
prefer
to do the actual program, and I don't know where the passwords are :-/
hehehe)
2) Have worked out  most of the high level concepts of the program,
currently
detailing it and checking it - slow and _painful_ atm... keep finding
problems
3) Publish the Visual Basic "prototype" that I created of the new
version
about 2 years ago

Currently the features will be:
1) Developed in Java so cross platform support (i.e. run on OS X, Win +
Linux)
2) Support for FB1 + 2 + your own designs
3) A more useable and rapid interface - already designed, just needs to
be
coded (is in the prototype)
4) A more stable and reliable backend, thanks to Java libraries mostly
done
already (just waiting on my finishing of the design) :-p
5) A gui based tool for developing your own "plugins" to add custom
systems
and such like

But as with most SE projects - expect this to go other time, and to
exceed the
budget of coffee and junk food.

I have my last exam on Monday, and then it should be all systems go -
once I
sober up.

Cheers,
Andrew Ayres

Prev: REALITY CHECK, OVER! Next: Re: [SG2] weapons