Prev: Re: [DS] Kit Bashing Next: RE: [DS] Kit Bashing

RE: [DS] Kit Bashing

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:26:48 -0700
Subject: RE: [DS] Kit Bashing

ACtually, after reading about various types of WWII engines, the
placement of various cooling parts (radiator, oil cooler) and intakes
(supercharger, turbo charger) it appears that you can pretty much stick
stuff in really weird places (like the Supermarine company's entry for
the Schneider Trophy which had ribbed wings and used it as a giant
radiator with tubing running back and forth in them.)

This would justify putting a rim on the surface and turning it into an
intake and assume that it's being ducted to the correct location.

Another option would be to sand it down slightly, to give it more curve,
then add distracting details like little vanes or pitot tubes that
obscure the line a bit.

Or you could smack a turret right on top of it and no one will notice
that you have a sharp edge there.

--Binhan