Prev: Re: [OT] MAJOR auroral storm in progress! Next: Re: [DS] Kit Bashing

[DS] Kit Bashing

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:57:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [DS] Kit Bashing

Question for the group.

A while back, I acquired the hulls to some old
Battletech MadCats, with the intention of converting
them into VTOL's.  They're blue resin.

If anyone remembers this figure, they know that the
main body of the mech aft of the cockpit is roughly
the shape of a US rural mailbox - rounded on top,
square on the bottom, and squared ends.  Not a problem
on a 'mech whose top speed is under 30 kph, but on a
fast-moving aircraft, it poses an issue.

My question is, how should I eliminate this detail?
Is it possible to carve the resin, or should I use
some sort of putty to fill from the hull edge down to
the canopy?  Suggestions?

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: [OT] MAJOR auroral storm in progress! Next: Re: [DS] Kit Bashing