Prev: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons

Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:23:04 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

***
Historically, didn't small ships generally do what
they were told to do?  I mean, can anyone come up with
a modern post-radio example of a destroyer commander
telling his TF commander to sod off?
***

Probably not; I like toying with possibilities.

***
Second, can anyone come up with an example at any
point in history where this happened and the ship
commander did not get at the least dismissed from the
service and imprisioned?  I'm not counting Admirals
who get wild hairs (Nelson) and win battles regardless
of orders to disengage.
***

Not really germaine to the discussion.

Thanks!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons