Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons

Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:30:44 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons

***
I think it would be nice to have some type of morale system at the
fleet level such that if you ordered Frigate Flotilla A to engage the
Dreadnought of Deadly Doom that the Flotilla Commander should roll
something to send his ships to their (almost) certain destruction.
Something that takes into account the mission motivation like SG2.
***

Thanks, I was hoping that someone would push in this direction. Less 'do
the troops follow the captain' than 'does the captain take his ship into
certain doom', if you assume the player is flotilla/squadron/fleet
leader.

Mainly, I haven't gotten my head around describing 'certain doom' as an
FT
game concept, much less modifiers. Crew rating might be applied to
captain.
Though you are absolutely correct about motivation.

You can expect a FF captain would be likely to save the Bismark, or one
hundred thousand colonists, if he could, no matter the cost.

Whatever may come up, it'll probably be too fiddly not to be profoundly
optional.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Morale Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons