Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons

Re: John and Imre....was: weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 04:30:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> PS You learn lots of 4 letter words in the Army,
> perhaps that's part of what Boot is about. Then
> there's the foreign ones. Hey John, is the army
> picking up any words from Arabic, Farsi or other
> languages? If so, it'd be interesting to note

Not really.  Fedayeen is general descriptive term for
all things Iraqi, perjorative.	IE, when the power
goes out, it's "Goddam Fedayeen Power".  Shukran is
Thank You, which we you all-purpose to mean a variety
of things to include "We're done with the vehicle
search, get out of our checkpoint."  And in my squad
we got a guy who's picking up a lot of Arabic, but
he's Makmood Tikriti (Brother of Tikrit, or something
to that effect), real popular with the native levies,
errr, ICDC.  He was involved in training 'em.

John

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: John and Imre....was: weapons