Prev: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: Detailing sci-fi vehicle conversions

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:18:52 -0600
Subject: Re: Detailing sci-fi vehicle conversions

***
Also, I found a quick and easy way to produce your own explosive
reactive
armor
for vehicles.  Many craft stores (such as Michaels, in my area) carry
hole
punches in different shapes, including a rectangular shape -- I picked
up
one
for $1.99.  I used it to punch a bunch of rectangles out of regular
styrene
sheet, and there you go -- instant ERA.
***

Quick points, some already made some time ago:

Many drink cup lids are made from styrene (milky color; the 'clear'
usually
are '1' plastic); these punch a thinner regular polyhedron, but can be
mosaic-ed to a nice pattern on a surface of a model. Also, by carefully
orienting the punch, you can get surface details. Even individual
letters
can represent something else. The Braille bumps could be rivets; 'C'
could
be a handle to slide an access cover, etc...

The cheap, plastic-handled punches I picked up at Michaels had a nasty
habit of breaking. No wonder I got them on close out prices!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [DS2] 6mm vehicles Next: Re: [SG2] weapons