Prev: Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon Next: Baen CDs

RE: [OT] Spearhead

From: "Karl A. Bergman" <karlbergman@c...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:58:32 -0800
Subject: RE: [OT] Spearhead

	I played Micro Armor:  The Game at a con last year and was not
impressed.
In addition to the gentleman running the game, the designer of the rules
was
present to add comments and clarification.  All I can say about the
rules
was that the Russian side was supposed to force their way across a
stream,
and set up positions before German reinforcements could arrive.
Unfortunately the game uses a dice based system for issuing commands,
and
due to bad (not that bad but bad enough), the Russian force could not
even
enter the table for the first two turns.  This may of course have
affected
my opinion of the rules system, but for the most part I was not
impressed.

	IMHO I think that Command Decision is the best of the large
scale rules
sets, at least as far as I have seen so far.