Prev: RE: [OT] Spearhead Next: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon

RE: System Failures

From: Tim Bancroft <tim@d...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:44:57 -0000
Subject: RE: System Failures

OO Said:
>No. While it would shorten the rules' text somewhat, I think you'd be
>surprised by the number of mathematically challenged players who'd have
>serious difficulties getting the target number right . (I know I was
>surprised by it!)
Actually, probably not and you are right to point it out.  Confession: I

_teach_ such basic maths and IT to "adults" (Post-compulsory education,
at
least).  :-/  I've been wondering how to use FT in lessons for the
younger
groups.... :-D

>FWIW I'd prefer to adopt the Ion Cannon mechanic for the standard
threshold
>checks instead, so a roll equal to or less than the number of rows
you've
>lost is a failure (ie., if you've lost 1 hull row you only lose system
>rolls of  '1', if you've lost 2 rows you lose systems to rolls of '2'
or
'1'
Given the above this would be easier.  It would *certainly* be easier
for
*me* : "count the tracks destroyed: roll that or below and you're
damaged."
;-) . Get's my vote (FWIW!).

Tim Bancroft

Prev: RE: [OT] Spearhead Next: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon