Prev: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts Next: Re: Re: (OT) 15 and 25mm Ealit LRC release.....

Re: John Atkinson whereabouts

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:18:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts

if were taκing about actual paper books, i should do
my share. After all, i liue in the same state as
powells.
--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
<adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> >Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:32:50 -0600
> >From: Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>
> >Subject: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts
> >
> >I'd be shocked if he doesn't have a PC available
just about everywhere he
> >goes; the problem sounds to be finding OOP books on
disk.

> >I know I'll be swinging by a couple of local used
bookstores this afternoon
> >to see if there are ANY of Cook's, just to be ready
when the list shows.
> >These he'd prolly have to take in cellulose
version.

> I have no idea if he has a PC available that
regularly - I know he told me
> that getting access to the internet involves
standing in line for an hour
> and then paying $3 for an hour's access, assuming he
has the free time to
> start with...
>
> Electronic format is a good idea - certainly would
make it a lot easier to
> carry lots of books around - but I'm pretty sure
he's talking about "real"
> books as something he can carry around with him,
doesn't need batteries,
> won't get affected by dust, can loan to friends, and
for that matter can
> drop if necessary without worrying about the expense
of a handheld computer
> hitting the dirt and breaking, if he has to stop
reading in a hurry...

> Good thoughts though!
>
> -Adrian

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Prev: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts Next: Re: Re: (OT) 15 and 25mm Ealit LRC release.....