Prev: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside Next: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs

Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:35:14 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

Yup.  It does, as it should, since the game is reflecting modern
infantry
tactics.  What you would need to do, would be work out something where
you
could mass stands, and call it all an element.	or something, so that
you
could grease lots of 'em with each "shot".

So, given that militia is 3 hits to kill, I would suggest that massed
infantry follow something like this:

	- normal firepower (2 chits per stand, depending on type)
	- 2 hits to kill a single element (they're packed tight!)
	- any additional valid damage is applied to an adjacent stand
	  (allows for splash effects)
	- all elements in a squad or whatever the formation is, must
	  be in base to base contact at all times

That would likely do it justice and cause a LOT of casualties.
It would also make sense to do something to the morale tests to give
bonuses for having lots of stands still alive.

:)

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

> > Since DSII works on "stands firing at stands" there is no chance of
direct
> > fire splashing into another stand (except for medium and long range
SLAM