Prev: Re: (OFFLIST) DLD 15mm's, and yet another dropship idea Next: Re: and yet another dropship idea

Re: (OFFLIST) DLD 15mm's, and yet another dropship idea

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:35:54 +0000
Subject: Re: (OFFLIST) DLD 15mm's, and yet another dropship idea

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:17:52AM -0800, Brian B wrote:

>I thought a dropship was a large interface craft,
>capable of landing large units, while a Lander, or
>Assault Lander, was a smaller craft for inserting a
>small unit or team.

And to those of us who came up through Battletech, a dropship is
something you drop out of during the insertion, because nothing moving
at sane aerospace speeds would be able to make it down safely. :-)

Roger

Prev: Re: (OFFLIST) DLD 15mm's, and yet another dropship idea Next: Re: and yet another dropship idea