Prev: RE: FT-Cheap minis, and a reply to John A. Next: Re: [OT] Fwd: NEWS ITEM

DLD 15mm's, and yet another dropship idea

From: "Andreas Udby" <andreas.udby@h...>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 07:47:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: DLD 15mm's, and yet another dropship idea

I finally ordered some of DLD's 15mm vehicles, and I have to report, to
anyone
thinking of doing the same, that they are beautifully done and entirely
worth
the money.  The Komodo APC is finely detailed, right down to the
periscopes and
engine grille (making me wonder if Mr. Dunn has prior service in the
Armor
branch, perhaps?), and the Bengal MBT is also well designed, including
solid-cast tracks and road wheels that will spare you the hundred hours
necessary to put together the individual track shoes that come with some
Revell
1/72 AFV's.  The only other 15's I've found that I like as much are
Brigade
Models' line.  My next project is to order up one or two of the new Old
Crow
vehicles and do up a little report on them.

Now onto my new (and latest) dropship idea.  I picked up a model of the
Star
Wars Ep. 1 Trade Federation Tank, that vaunted piece of equipment that
somehow
couldn't defeat the pathetic Gungan army.  The main body of it is of
just the
right size to carry one or two 15mm vehicles or a full squad of 28mm
troopers,
making it scaleable to use .  The weapons pylons sticking out of the
sides will
become engine mounts, as I'm currently hacking the engines off of a 1/48
scale
A-10 Warthog.  In the end, I'm anticipating that it will look something
like the
Terminator hunter-killer drone (see this pic:
http://pw1.netcom.com/~hquon/hor047.jpg), and hopefully will fill that
soft spot
in my heart for All Things Dropship.

FREE web-based email for HR
professionals and loads of other helpful
resources too, at http://www.hr.com

Prev: RE: FT-Cheap minis, and a reply to John A. Next: Re: [OT] Fwd: NEWS ITEM