Prev: Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship Next: Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship

Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship

I'm not a big fan of true 6mm dropship minis.  Because
they're in scale to the other figs, they tend to hog
WAY too much groundscale for my tastes.  What I prefer
is to use Miniatures that look like dropships, but are
too SMALL compared to my tanks etc.  I figure the
tanks aren't in scale to the terrain, why bother
making the ships in scale to the tanks?  of course, I
have a different esthetic sensibility than others, so
YMMV.

Currently I'm using a set of 10mm CAV Hedgehog APC's
as my dropships.  They look a lot like armored-up
versions of the Space 1999 ships.  Very boxy and
VTOL-ish.

--- Robin Fitton <robin@robinf.com> wrote:
> Initially I thought the same. It does have a rather
> "chunky" feel to it,
> although when the engine exhausts are mounted, it
> gives it more of SCI-FI
> orbit to ground feel.  I am not sure if there are
> any other drop-ships in
> 6mm that would fit the role/purpose of this model
> though. Any thoughts?

http://www.rottenlead.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file
=article&sid=16&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

=====