Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761 Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:55:57 -0400
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761

>What I'd like to read is the "lost" chapters from TMiGE (which, BTW,
Niven wanted to call "The Mote in Murcheson's Eye") featuring the
battle for New Chicago... It was cut for space reasons (oh, frak!
Pardon the pun...) but it would have been entertaining to see the
MacArthur in action under Bruno Cziller.

This was, IIRC, in "N Space" which you'll probably find under Niven.

>> They do have a little space combat in some of the Warworld books that

Dr Pournelle put out. <

>Are they Empire/Mote books? Something to do with the Saurons?

Yes, a Sauron unit settles on a remote Empire world and has to deal with
the existing settlements.  The series as a whole suffers, IMHO, from the
"my group is deadlier and cooler than your group" syndrome, but some of
the
individual stories are very good.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761 Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761