Prev: Re: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts) Next: Re: [OT, FH] Where is Gem 37?

[OT, FH] Where is Gem 37?

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:50:49 +1100
Subject: [OT, FH] Where is Gem 37?

G'day guys,

There was a piece on BBC news about 37 Gem being one of the most likely
(so far) looking sites for life other than here. In the article it says
its 42 light years, so I went looking on the GZGverse map to see who I
should dump the scenario on. I didn't spot it easily (could be blind
though) so looked it up on google and got the following stats

HD CATALOG: 50692
SPECTRAL TYPE: G0V
DISTANCE (L.Y.): 62
OTHER CATALOG: GL 252
OTHER NAME: 37 Gem

I'm at work so no star books with me, have I got the right beastie? At
62 light years its not going to be on Nyrath the grand's map, but
doesn't anyone know map edge it'll be off?

Thanks

Beth

Prev: Re: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts) Next: Re: [OT, FH] Where is Gem 37?