Prev: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:13:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

***
> Thought about using Arabic star names or names of major geographic
features for these classes?

he difficulty with star names is that a lot of them are Arabic to
begin with.  "Ruchba" and "Nihal" may be good cruiser names for
another nation, but I can't see going into battle with the "Hen's
Knee" and "Camels Drinking".
***

I'll admit to not having a good feel for this, but I recall being rather
surprised by the 'poetic' translation of a number of WWII IJN ship
names.
If the cultural connection is proved right, I'd not rule these out.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names