Prev: RE: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:27:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

> Thought about using Arabic star names or names of major geographic
features for these classes?

he difficulty with star names is that a lot of them are Arabic to
begin with.  "Ruchba" and "Nihal" may be good cruiser names for
another nation, but I can't see going into battle with the "Hen's
Knee" and "Camels Drinking".

I would also, ideally, like to get something which an Arab speaker
might chose.  *I* wouldn't have thought they'd use Madinah, except
that there's already a ship, Sa'udi IIRC, which is named that.

Prev: RE: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names