Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign. Next: Re: [FT] Campaign.

RE: [FT] Campaign.

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:54:56 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Campaign.

On Tuesday, October 07, 2003 1:06 PM, Laserlight
[SMTP:laserlight@quixnet.net] wrote:
> > If any one is interested in using the FTJava play-by-email system
> for
> > campaign games, I'm willing to help out the GameMaster.  I know
> Roger
> > has expressed interest in such a project.
>
> I'd want to wait till the Tournament is over, but I'm at least
> theoretically willing to run a PAU vs IF campaign then.

You know, nasty thoughts are bubbling up over this.  I just finished
reading
"War of Honor" again yesterday; using an email environment you can run
the
government as separate to the admirals.

Say with 4 players per side, each player is a fleet admiral or
subordinate
for the actual combats.  Between them, they also divide up the roles of:
President, Minister of the Exchequer, Minister of War (Admiralty),
Minister
for Trade.

El Presidente directs policy "Take this system; build more ships".
Treasurer directs funds "200 MCr for shipbuilding, 10 MCr for security,
100
MCr for my pockets"
Admiralty directs ship dispositions "3 battleships to Yeltsin, 50
destroyers
to Grendelsbane"
Trade minister juggles the building priorities "Construct 1 battleship &
3
cruisers this month, so we can build a superdreadnought next month".

It all depends on the background detail outside actual fleet operations
suppose (and fairly dedicated players).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Commonwealth policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.

Prev: Re: [FT] Campaign. Next: Re: [FT] Campaign.