Prev: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts) Next: Re: [FT] Campaign.

RE: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts)

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 17:01:31 -0600
Subject: RE: Idle Langston thoughts (was RE: Idle Full Trek thoughts)

I think you need a referee to do Langston fields, since it operates as
sort of a reverse cloaking field - while it's on you don't know what's
going on outside, unless you poke a sensor out, which  promptly gets
fried. (you might need a limited supply of sensors to keep things
manageable)

Then there is the difficulty of energy absorption/release from the
field, you might be able to simplify it with a shield that has X amounts
of points and regenerates Y per turn.  But this loses the flavor of "hot
spots" and rotation of those spots away from fire.  You might be able to
split the shield up in to 2 or more sections, each with X points, so
that concentrated fire might be able to make a localized burn through.

--Binhan