Prev: RE:Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753 Next: Re: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753

RE:Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:08:10 -0500
Subject: RE:Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753

***
What I'd intended to ask originally was "how far out do you feel the
Jump
Limit should be from the Sun", meaning "how much of the system has to be
on
the map for travelling through normal space" and looking for a response
like .5AU or 2.5 AU or 7 AU or whatever.  I can calculate the finagle
factor (ie I can get Roger or Noam or someone to calculate it <grin>),
I'm
just looking for opinions on where it should be.
***

While assuming strong variation between systems, my campaigns, mostly
just
designs, assumed the entire system for some distance out, was non-FTL,
but
I also assumed difference between tactical and strategic movement,
similar
to the way BattleFleet Mars was run.

This would give defense pretty much the ability to meet anything
'incoming', or to choose to leave...

You have to have certain other rules to make combat likely.

The_Beast

Prev: RE:Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753 Next: Re: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753