Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] yet more new K'V ships!! Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753

Re:[FT] Jump Limit

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:49:16 +0100
Subject: Re:[FT] Jump Limit

I'm currently re-reading Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn trilogy. No
doubt
many of you have read this, however he has his ftl capable vessels
making
jumps from around 1000km out (above the surface of) from an Earth type
world. I don't the reasoning behind it though...other than the author
cites
that the planets gravity is no longer a hinderence at this range.

(On a related note the Mercenary-Confed-Possesed space battle above
Lalonde
with combat wasps arcing round the north and south poles of the planet
was
strangely reminiscent of a recent FT battle I fought using the Medium
Tactical missile rules from the weapons archive...:-))

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] yet more new K'V ships!! Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1753