Prev: RE: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making

Re: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:19:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Don Maddox wrote:

> Armed nuclear warheads generally have the right of way.
>
> "I brake for targets"
>
> "Your Tax Dollars At Work"
>
> Hmm...
>
> Stop your scarring me now, because that is just stupid enough
> to justify a few billion in research.......)

Was some work not already done back in the wacky, atom-happy 1950s? I've
read about proposals to put ICBMs on trains, so trucks would be an
"obvious" extension. All to keep the Commies from knowing where the
missles were at any given moment.

"I brake for targets" indeed...

Brian.

Prev: RE: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making