Prev: RE: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race Next: Re: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race

Re: Cold War Over???

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:29:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Cold War Over???

DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/28/03 2:02:01 AM,
> owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:
>
> <<From: Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org>
>  Subject: Re: [OT] Got the Job
>
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 07:50:56AM -0400, DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:
>
> >That cold war is over too...  Damm do we have any left to fight
anymore!!!

> Games Workshop players?
>
> R >>
>
> Well, I guess but I am noticing that we seem to be winning that 1
too...
> Lets bring out the troops and win another.

Are we? I was just in Ohio this past weekend, stopped off at a game
store one night. 80% of it was GW stuff (fine, no prob). I picked up
a couple of B'tech aerospace fighter minis. The proprietor asked me
if I played Mechwarrior. I told him no, I was going to use these for
Dirtside II, and that I play mainly DSII and Full Thrust. He looked
at me oddly and I explained that DSII was Epic-scale. His eyes lit
up and he said "So these are going to be really huge transports or
starships?". I wanted to put my head down on the counter. <sigh> =

Mk

Prev: RE: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race Next: Re: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race