Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making Next: "DARPA Challenge" Robot race

RE: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:09:35 +0100
Subject: RE: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making

And who do we have who could save us from this evil...Kennedy and
Duncan-Smith...I think its time for a millitary coup in Britain, just
imagine HMS Cornwall steaming up the Thames, shelling the houses of
parliment, whilst the SAS storm chequers...aaahh lovely. Give the Queen
full
power to rule and open the Tower for business once again.

Seriously though, you are correct. Our current government has taken
actions
to alter the balance of political laws in this country to promote its
own
interests in a manner that is distinctly unsettling. Some of their
actions
(I'm reffering to domestic policies not foreign here) have been
downright
totalitarian. Remember 2000-01, the fuel price protest and resulting
chaos,
the suppression of the foot and mouth outbreak for 3 months so that by
the
time the government realised that they couldn't cover it up any longer
and
that it wasn't going to go away, it was too late  to save several
million
livestock and prevent the shutdown of large tracts of land, crippling
both
agriculture and tourism. And then they get voted back in...

To quote the greatest philosopher of the 20th century, one Charlie
Brown,
"Good Grief".

Regards,

Matt Tope