Prev: RE: Doing away with damage chits... Next: Re: [SGII] Electronic Warfare

Re: Doing away with damage chits...

From: FlakMagnet72 <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:40:29 -0400
Subject: Re: Doing away with damage chits...

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 10:55 am, Doug Evans wrote:
> >Has anyone done any work to replace the process of grabbing chits
from a

> bag
>
> >for SGII?
> >
> >If that wheel has already been invented, I'd like to take a peek at
it.

Laserlight wrote:

"<grin> yes, we're using d4, d6, d8, d10, d12 now...I assume you mean
DS2,
and if you search the archives you'll find tables by which you can use
dice
to replace chits."

No I meant StartGruntII  Did I betray ignorance of SGII by thinking it
used
chits?

I start searching the archives for the tables, as well as a Clue(tm).

> I seem to recall a table for die rolls created for DSII, but don't
think
> there was one done for SGII. Being a vacc-head, I'm not certain how
> different these'd be.

Being largely ignorant of the rules, I don't even know if they'd be
necessary... see above.  Thanks for the response.

> >"Who draws his sword against the Prince,
> >best throw away the scabbard." umm... Shakespeare?
>
> Famous-Proverbs just claims it's an 'early 17th Century English
proverb': '
> Whosoever draws his sword against the prince must throw the scabbard
away.'

> Matthew Henry's commentaries uses part to underscore commitment to the
> religious way by analogy: 'With good advice make war (Prov. 20:18);
for he
> that draws the sword throws away the scabbard;'

Thank you very much for checking that out for me.  Google didn't help me
when
I first tried to find it.

--
--Tim