Prev: Re: CPV Next: Re: CPV

Re: CPV

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:18:58 +0100
Subject: Re: CPV

On 10 Sep 2003 at 15:41, Matt Tope wrote:

> Roger Burton wrote on Monday the 18th August, 2003:
>
> >...you might find http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200302/msg00334.html
worth
> >a look - Oerjan's fine-tuning the CPV concept, but this is a good
> >starting point for making large ships as costly as they really ought
> >be...
>
> I've been racking my brain over this for ages but I'm afraid my grasp
of
> mathematics has never been my strong point so can some one help
explain this
> equation:
>
>		Basic Hull Cost = (TMF^2)/100
>
> I'm fine with the "TMF" and "/100", I just have no idea what the " ^ "
> represents and thus what it does with the TMF and the 2.

^x is a plain text representation for 'raised to the power x'. So ^2
means raised to the power 2, or in other words squared.

Basic Hull Cost = ( TMF * TMF ) / 100.

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: CPV Next: Re: CPV