Prev: Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: Bombers/raiders

MT cloak was Re: FT: Battles of the 20th C and ...

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 18:40:03 -0500
Subject: MT cloak was Re: FT: Battles of the 20th C and ...

Roger Burton West wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 10:54:30AM +0100, Bryan Ash wrote:
>
>>How could the U-boat or similar design be incorporated into the FT
universe.
>>Would the U-boat be a ship that tends to reside in the appeture of FTL
space before arriving, shooting, then FTL?

>Been watching certain anime shows, have we? :-)
>
>>Or is it a suggestion that advanced cloaking rules would apply?
>>
>I think that would be the way to do it. I'm not a fan of the MT cloak -
>effectively you have to write all the orders for the cloaked ship at
the
>point it vanishes. I'd like to see some sort of cloak system as part of
>a larger sensor/stealth rule package, but probably not as a "bolt-on".

We have successfully used the MT cloak with the alteration (which I
understand to be very common) that instead of writing the orders blind,
the player writes the orders each turn, but has to guesstimate his
position.  Then when the ship deactivates the cloak, all of the ship's
orders ar plotted from the last known position.

Our attempts at sensor detection of cloaked ships (Star Trek style) all
rely on trust between players as to the actual position of the cloaked
ship.  They work for our group but would probably require a neutral
referee for a more competitive game.

Prev: Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: Bombers/raiders