Prev: Re: Classed Weapons Next: [FT] FTL arrival was Re: Battles of the 20th C

Preplanned reinforcement placement ot turning FT into Nappies was Re: Battles of the 20th C

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 06:56:17 -0500
Subject: Preplanned reinforcement placement ot turning FT into Nappies was Re: Battles of the 20th C

Not an elegant solution but:

Written, pre-plotted orders for all ships involved before the game
begins.  Or at least three turns (using the system described) before
they
appear (group orders involving all units in the force) perhaps.  Or
pre-game clearly plotted on paper 'standard formation' order ((Flagship
at X, Y, Z - okay, it's two dimensional - with task force "1" 3" North
and 5" East from center of flagship and task Force "2" (one turn later
at
12 " SW of Flagship and task Force "3" two turns later at 8" ENE of
flagship.  Yes the example is somewhat extreme on purpose.)

If they spent that much time plotting and planning the
attack/reinforcement then they must have a good idea of what they want
the formation  to arrive at and changing formations defeats the intent
of
the plan (and risks changing all those engineers' 'safety'
calculations.)
 I assume they also know/are predicting where the schwerpunkt
(spelling?)  is for the battle...

Glenn says:  "6 mm figures and 1:6K warships are my main interest.  I
play them in Historical, Fantasy and Science Fiction; big/small battles
and skirmishes.  But if you have the figures (2 mm through 54 mm,) the
terrain and the rules... Fight's on!
Gracias,   Glenn  -  warbeads@juno.com
The last man in the world without a web site?

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 08:05:47 -0400 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:
<snip>

>I'm curious if you've actually tried that?  I can see the Intruder
>putting down one capital ship, waiting for the Defender to respond,
>then two turns later putting down a swarm of missile-armed escorts to
>respond to the Defender's maneuvers--even though the escorts couldn't
>possibly have known where Defender was going to be.  Also there's not
>a clear dividing line between classes since FB1.  It might work better
>with "all ships place a marker 1 (or possibly 2) turn in advance".

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Classed Weapons Next: [FT] FTL arrival was Re: Battles of the 20th C