Prev: FT: Vortex gravity gradient question Next: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

FCS and PBL was Re: Classed Weapons

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:46:04 -0500
Subject: FCS and PBL was Re: Classed Weapons

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

>>> The PBL *itself* increases linearly... but unlike virtually every
>>> other weapon type, you need one active FCS for *each* PBL you fire.
>>
>> Really?  I just re-read the Phalon section of FB2 and this is not
>> mentioned in either the PBL section or the FCS section.
>
> Yes, really. It is very easy to miss and should've been expressed much

> clearer (and *will* be expressed much clearer whenever the next
> edition of Full Thrust comes out - Any Decade Now), but it is there:
>
> "Note that an operational fire-control system is required in order for

> a Phalon ship to launch A PLASMA BOLT, ..." [emphasis added].
>
> If a single FCS had been sufficient to launch multiple plasma bolts in

> a single turn it would've said "...to launch plasma BOLTS, ..."
instead.

If it was intended that a FCS was required for EACH plasma bolt
launched, then it should expressly state so, as in "...to launch a
plasma bolt,..." should be written "for each plasma bolt launched", in
the same manner that ADFCs are expressly stated to be used for EACH
protected ship, not just one for any number.

Prev: FT: Vortex gravity gradient question Next: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels