Prev: Re: Shiva Option Next: Re: Shiva Option

Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:15:14 -0500
Subject: Re: T8 B5 BC was Re: Classed Weapons

Laserlight wrote:

>>You play on the LR floor?  What?  No pets or Laserlightlings?
>>
>The dog has figured out that she shouldn't step on the starcloth; and
>Josh has beaten me the last couple of games.

So, old enough not to chew on dad's minis :)

>>You proposed it and OO supplied a ship design.  You proposal said a
Thrust 8 battlecruiser with B5 weaponry, and that it would kill or drive
off any KV ship.

>>or CVH. OOs ship implies leading a stern chase, but you (LL) never
mentioned that, nor did you specify "only if I have a football field in
which to maneuver".

><shrug> from my POV, a scrolling table is a given unless otherwise
specified. In vector, this is a trivial battle.  Turn 1, the KV
accelerates in amount in any direction.  Turn 2, the BC rotates and
thrusts to match the KV's acceleration from Turn 1, then it rotates to
face the KV and fires.	Rinse and repeat as needed.  In Cinematic it's
more work.

I also assume a scrolling table, but the * size * of the table also has
an effect, because it limits the maximum distance between ships, no
mater how much you scroll the table.

Once again,  < sigh >

Cinematic, Cinematic, Cinematic.

However, in vector: 4x6 or 5x8 table, KV enters table from short table
end at high speed (30+).  If the T8B5 is on table, or enters
perpendicular, then the game consists of a single pass and the KV
continues to blow up your secret outpost.  If the T8B5 enters
parallel-converging, then he's within 1 game turn of the KV weapons
basket.

>By the way, I tend to agree with you that I'd like larger beams to be
>more effective (ie do more damage at longer range)--I like the WW1
>dreadnought model.  That doesn't mean it's necessarily balanced, just
>that it's what I'd prefer.

I didn't mean to increase the effectiveness/damage of larger batteries,
just reduce the mass (minor point, I know).

But otherwise; Yeah!  :)

Prev: Re: Shiva Option Next: Re: Shiva Option