Prev: Re: Shiva Option Next: Re: Shiva Option

[FT] First conditions

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:02:22 -0500
Subject: [FT] First conditions

***
<shrug> from my POV, a scrolling table is a given unless otherwise
specified.
***

***
>1.  For the actual game itself, you need a floating table with a large
area
>for this tactic to work.

Sure. A very large floating table is the best Full Thrust approximation
of
deep space you can get, after all.
***

Please note that my own outlook still disagrees with this tack. I agree
large, floating, though box not table, is the best approximation of deep
space in general, and the vector mechanics may well be a proper answer
that concept, though I admit I've never really given them a good try.
But
in cine, it is arguably the other side of reduce ab absurdum, extension
absurdity.

We've had discussions that broke down to 'if it's not working at 4000mu
speeds, it's time to chuck the whole system!'

It's a simple mechanic which gives somewhat rational results in limited
circumstances, even if you aren't claiming some sort of tactical warp
drive. But it breaks down the further you extend it. There's plenty of
PSB
possible for limitations, such as a concept such as 'all battles are
voluntary' or closing and separation tactics are a different scale of
movement, my 'battlepass' concept.

However, I accept it as purely my own viewpoint.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Shiva Option Next: Re: Shiva Option