Prev: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels Next: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:51:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

Robertson, Brendan wrote:

>The bigger the table and the higher the speeds, the more play balanced
the
>B3-B4+ become.
>
>I play games on 60x60 tables at speed 12-24 games.  This biases the
>usefulness of systems down to the B2/B3/Pulsetorp systems.

So, 5'x5'.  Okay.

>Some players (hi, Oerjan!) play with floating tables at speed 50-60.
This
>makes B1-B2 almost useless as offensive weapons, and can generate more
long
>range sniping.
>
>The only game I've ever had reach speed 50+ was myself as Kra'vak vs
Phalons
>on a 6' table in cm scale.  And how I wished I had class-4 or class-5
beams
>instead of K-guns in that game!  B2s would have been wasted systems.

So, in general, what is the breakdown of how people tend to play (speed,

table & MU size)?

Is this a result of personal preference or of starting conditions?  I.e.

if you started at V10, would you always end up at V40+, or is it a
matter of always starting at V50?

Does Vector vs. Cinematic have an effect of how fast people tend to
play?

Prev: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels Next: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels