Prev: Re: [FT] Flying wing Next: Re: Re: [FT] Flying wing

Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Classed Weapons was Re: Technology levels

Humor me, I'm trying to reacquaint myaelf with math,
correct me if I get any of these wrong:

--- Jared Hilal <jlhilal@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1-arc K-guns:
> K3 = 5 mass
> K4 = 8 mass (+3)
> K5 = 11 mass (+3)
> K6 = 14 mass (+3)
>
> and from FB2, pg. 9, right column, "Kinetic Guns
> (K-Guns)" Section, 2nd
> to last paragraph:
> "Larger classes of K-gun are possible, and the mass
> required rises by 3
> per additional class."
> So K-guns increase their mass linearly at a rate of
> +3 mass/class.

Specifically M=5+3(K-3)

Where M is Mass and K is the class of the K-gun.

>  From FB2, pg 36, left column, "Plasma Bolt
> Launcher" Section, 14th
> paragragh (2nd to last):
> "A Plasma Bolt launcher system takes up a MASS of 5
> times the class of
> the launcher."
> So PBL's increase their mass linearly at a rate of
> +5 mass/class.

M=5P

>  From FB1, pg. 7, left column, "New Beam Battery
> Designations" Section,
> 5th paragraph:
> "Basic MASS requirements of a given battery starts
> at 1 for a class1,
> and DOUBLES for each class increase..."

M=2^(B-1)

Expanded to the below for mass 3 and above:

> and 6th paragraph:
> "Class 3 batteries and above have only 1 arc fire
> (60 degrees) at their
> base MASS cost; adding additional arcs of fire
> requires 25% of the base
> MASS of the battery per additional arc covered..."
> Note that caps are part of the quoted text, not
> mine.
> So Beam Batteries increase their mass geometricly,
> and for B3+ they all
> have the same arcs.

M=2^(B-1)+[(A-1)*2^(B-1)]/4

=====
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

--Bertrand Russell

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Flying wing Next: Re: Re: [FT] Flying wing