Prev: [FT] Buncha old stuff Next: Re: Vector Movement

Re: Vector Movement

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:23:26 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

Oerjan Ohlson schrieb:
> It's just that these any-angle rotations are precisely
> the root cause to  the *game balance* problem: they are the very
reason why
> wide-angle weapons  and Advanced engines are badly overpriced by the
FB ship
> design system if  you play Vector.
>
> If you want to solve these two game balance problems you
> only have two  options: either devise a completely different set of
ship
> design rules for  Vector movement (ie. lower the price of wide-arc
weapons
> and Advanced	drives to match their value in Vector), or restrict
the
> angle a ship can  rotate in a single turn (ie. increase the value of

> wide-arc weapons and	Advanced drives to match their price).

A thought that I don't think has been discussed yet in this thread:

How about using 1 main engine thrust point per 60 - degree change of
facing in vector ?

Less restrictive than  allow only one change of facing, but it rather
limits fancy maneuvers.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: [FT] Buncha old stuff Next: Re: Vector Movement