Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: Vector Movement

Re: Technology levels was FT Newtonian Acceleration

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:35:17 +0200
Subject: Re: Technology levels was FT Newtonian Acceleration

Jared Hilal wrote:

>Unfortunately, there is a deliberate attempt to limit the size of the
>standard battery to C3 or C4 by making C4 and larger disproportionately

>expensive in terms of size (mass) relative to their combat potential
>(compared to smaller batteries of the same type). I.e. a 3-arc class 3
>battery is not three times as useful as a 3-arc class 2, a class 4 is
not
>twice as useful as a class 3, a class 5 is not 4x as useful as a class
3 etc.

Ever tried playing on large tables, where the B4 is able to pick those
B2-armed ships apart from outside their range? If you did, you might
revise
your opinion about the relative value of B2s and B4s :-/

But yes, there's a deliberate attempt to limit beam batteries to size
classes which don't have the range to cover an entire gaming table from
one
short edge to the other. All other weapon types have ranges which are
independent of their size class (eg., all K-guns have range 30), so
there's
no need to restrict them in the same way.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: Vector Movement